Posted: April 25, 2023 | Word Count: 1,239
Stay focused for $2,500 toward your car insurance premiums, no strings attached
Did you know that three-quarters of Americans admit to texting while driving, as well as other behaviors like eating, watching movies, and even sexting? While distracted driving may seem innocuous, it can be dangerous and even life-threatening. This is why, during Distracted Driving Month, we’re rewarding people who drive, well, undistracted.
The concept is simple: if you drive undistracted for a week, you’ll receive up to $2,500 in cash toward your auto insurance premiums. Here’s how it works:
- To be considered, submit the application form.
- Up to 25 participants will be chosen and notified by April 29, 2023.
- If chosen, for a week, participants will stop using phones while driving. During this time, they’ll use Screen Time reporting to verify they didn’t use their phones while driving.
- We’ll send further instructions for how to submit Screen Time reports when we notify participants.
- We’ll also require participants to:
- Post a video on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or TikTok mentioning this contest with the #turnitoff hashtag
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Following a proven week of undistracted driving, we’ll enter participants into a giveaway for $2,500 in cash to be used toward their car insurance premiums — no strings attached.
- Participants who drive undistracted for a week and do not win the $2,500 cash prize will still receive $100 in the form of a cash prize.
Submit Your Application for the #TurnItOff Contest
- First name
- Last name
- Zip code
- Are you a U.S. resident?
- Please provide links to your social channels (if applicable):
- How much time do you spend driving per day?
Not sure how much you already drive distracted? Take our distracted driving quiz to find out.
Terms and Conditions
- The promoter of the Turn It Off Contest is Centerfield Media Holding Company, a Delaware corporation, doing business as AutoInsurance.com (“AutoInsurance.com”) whose principal office is located at 12130 Millennium Drive, Ste 600 Los Angeles, CA 90094.
- Employees of AutoInsurance.com or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the Turn It Off Contest or helping to set up the Turn It Off Contest shall not be permitted to enter.
- Persons must be at least 18 years old, or otherwise have reached the age of majority under the laws of the state where they reside to apply for the Turn It Off Contest.
- Only lawful residents of the United States are eligible to enter.
- TURN IT OFF CONTEST VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO APPLY FOR THE Turn It Off Contest. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by entrants will not improve one’s chances of being selected for the prizes.
- Submission Period: The Submission period will start on April 14, 2023 at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time, and will close on April 26, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time. After the closing date, no further submissions to the Turn It Off Contest will be permitted.
- To apply, visit autoinsurance.com/research/distracted-driving-contest and fill out the submission form.
- Each entrant may only enter once.
- AutoInsurance.com will select up to twenty five (25) Turn It Off Contest participants (“Participants”) from the pool of eligible entrants. Participants will be selected based on the quality of the submission as judged by AutoInsurance.com employees.
- Odds of being selected for the Turn It Off Contest depend on the number of entries received.
- The Participants will be notified by email, phone call, and/or letter within five (5) days after the closing date.
- A total of one (1) Turn It Off contest winner (“Winner”) will be selected based on a random drawing from the pool of Participants that successfully complete the challenge.
- The Winner will be notified by email, phone call, and/or letter within five (5) days after the closing date and will receive a $2,500 stipend. Other Participants who successfully complete the challenge will receive a $100 stipend and will be notified within fifteen (15) days after the closing date.
- If a Winner cannot be contacted, is not eligible, or does not claim the prize within five (5) days of notification, then AutoInsurance.com reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the Winner and pick a replacement Winner.
- The entrants specifically acknowledge that the prize package will be provided by AutoInsurance.com, and that the Turn It Off Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by any of the companies whose products or services are provided to Winners.
- The Turn It Off Contest consists of spending 1 week without using a phone while driving, barring any emergencies. The contest Winner must adhere to the contest conditions in order to be paid the full $2,500 stipend, and the contest Participants must adhere to the contest conditions in order to be paid the full $100 stipend.
- AutoInsurance.com will mail, email, or hand-deliver the prize package to the Winners.
- Winners acknowledge that participation in the Turn It Off Contest will be as an independent contractor. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by accepting the Turn It Off Contest. Winners have no authority to bind AutoInsurance.com to contracts, make any agreement or representations on AutoInsurance.com’s written consent. Winners shall not be eligible to participate in any vacation, group medical or life insurance, disability, profit sharing, or retirement benefits, or any other fringe benefits or benefit plans offered by AutoInsurance.com to its employees. AutoInsurance.com is not responsible for withholding or paying any income, payroll, Social Security, or other federal, state, or local taxes, making any insurance contributions, including unemployment or disability, or obtaining worker’s compensation insurance on the Winners’ behalf. Winners acknowledge that stipend is subject to all applicable taxes. Winners are solely responsible for all such taxes or contributions, including penalties and interest.
- No alternative to the prizes will be offered. The opportunity to participate in the Turn It Off Contest is not transferable. AutoInsurance.com reserves the right to substitute the prize with items of equivalent value without giving notice.
- A list of the Winners will be available 28 days after the closing date where legally required. To request a list of Winners, send the request in a stamped self-addressed envelope to the following address:
12130 Millennium Drive, Ste 600
Los Angeles, CA 90094
- AutoInsurance.com reserves the right to cancel or amend this Turn It Off Contest and these Terms and Conditions without notice.
- AutoInsurance.com’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Turn It Off Contest will be final and no correspondence will be considered or provided.
- The Turn It Off Contest and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by California law, and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of California.
- By submitting an application for this Turn It Off Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
This sponsored article is available to download for free use in print and online publications. If you must edit the article, please include at least one brand reference. All articles must retain the (BPT) or Brandpoint byline.